Frequently Asked Questions
- What is included in the Private Tour?
Transportation: 1-20 Passenger Capacity (2015 Honda Odyssey Minivan and/or 2016 Custom Chevrolet Express Van)
Local, Experienced Tour Guide
* Body boards (upon request)
* Snorkels (upon request please specify number at time of booking)
* Fins (upon request please specify number and sizes at time of booking)
* Beach mats
* Cooler w/ Ice and Cold Drinks: Hawaiian Juices, Soft Drinks, Bottled Water
- What if our group count is larger than 20 passengers and we want to all be in the same vehicle for the day?
If your group size is larger than 20 passengers and you all want to be in the same vehicle for our day together, please contact us directly for a customized Minibus quote.
- What is not included in the Private Tour?
Please be sure to bring additional money for Food, Souvenirs, Ice Cream, Hawaiian Shave Ice, Coffee, etc...
- Is your business registered with the Department of Transportation in the State of Hawaii?
Yes. We are very proud to say that Private Tours Hawaii is a legit, registered business in the State of Hawaii. All tour businesses are required by Hawaii State Law to be registered with the Department of Transportation as a commercial tour operator and thus meet all requirements (Commercial insurance coverage, Department of Transportation safety checks, Public Utilities Commission certification) in order to offer transportation/tour services to visitors. In addition, each of our professional tour guides are also registered with the Department of Transportation (drug tests, medical exams, criminal background checks, etc.) to ensure the safety of our guests and the public.
Please be aware that there are some tour operators in the State of Hawaii that are not properly registered with the State of Hawaii. So, if you happen to see a "tour" vehicle that does not display their PUC Number (ours is PUC 552-C) on the side of their vehicle, then this may be an illegal tour operator. Just a word of advice. We want you to enjoy your vacation. Nevertheless, your safety is our primary concern.
- How long can we book your private tour for?
We have a minimum of 4 hours and a maximum of 12 hours in one day.
- What days of the week are you available?
7 days per week. Sunday through Saturday
- Where will the tour guide pick us up and drop us off?
We will meet you at your desired location. EX: Hotel, cruise ship terminal, other.
We will drop you off at your desired location. EX: Hotel, cruise ship terminal, other.
- What time will the tour begin/end?
We generally recommend a 7am-9am start, if possible. However, with Private Tours Hawaii you have complete flexibility. We will cater to each traveler’s needs.
- Are your tour vans handicap accessible?
No, sorry our vehicles are not handicap-accessible.
- What is your cancellation policy?
100% refund if cancellation is made by phone or email no later than 72 hours before tour pick-up time.
- Is it necessary to tip the tour guide?
Always remember that tipping is not mandatory (but GREATLY appreciated by people who work in the service industry).
The concept of tipping is one of the reasons that visitors receive amazing service here in the United States. Basically, most people who work in the service industry (restaurant servers, bartenders, local tour guides, valet, bell men, etc.) understand that if they go "Above and Beyond" in regards to their levels of quality service to each guest, then they may receive an additional amount of money as a tip/gratuity. So, in many situations, the tipping concept guarantees that you receive great service while visiting our country.
Generally speaking, tips can be between 10-20% of your total bill. However, the amount of each tip should be a representation of how good (or bad) your experience was in each situation.
Amazing Service = 20% (sometimes more)
Average Service = 10%
Poor Service = 5% (or no tip at all)
Tips are often given in cash.